1. You have to join to post. I kinda think that should go without saying, but I said it anyway. Unstamped members can certainly vote on others and that’s encouraged, but you must join the community first.
2. There’s no anonymous posting or commenting, or commenting on posting.
3. Post the survey found below, along with three or so pictures, under an LJ cut. The cut is mandatory.
4. Post something about a “jar of dirt” in the subject, so I know you at least glanced at the rules. I know a lot of people just look through the rules to find out what to put in the subject line, so “hi” to all of you.
5. For the pictures, they should actually look like you. Not too much Photoshopping or anything and make the pictures large enough for us to see you.
6. Please don’t “push” for a certain character. Pushing is seriously a huge pet peeve of mine. If you think you’re like Jack, that’s great, but let us tell you who we think you’re like. Now, I of course know that sometimes you aren’t pushing, just telling the truth. I’ll make the call on it (if I see pushing I’ll tell you and maybe have you edit that part slightly). If I see anything along the lines of “I personally see myself as…” or “My friend’s call me…” you’re gonna be called on it.
7. If you can remember, let me know how you found out about this community. Our promoters are the only reason this community is possible and should treated as such.
8. I’ll give you all at least one week to get votes. If after that week you have at least 10 votes, I’ll stamp you. Now, if you have like 7 or 8 and they’re all the same, you’ll probably get a stamp, anyway.
9. The most important rule of all, and definitely not a “guideline,” have fun! Pirates is fun, so this community should be fun. No drama, no making fun of other people. I will ban, but I don’t like to.
10. I don't think that this was ever mentioned, but even if your application was not accepted yet, you are still allowed to vote!
1. To vote, just pick the person (or people – no more than two) from the list below that you feel the applicant is most like. It’s that simple. To make it easier on me, I ask that you bold the character you’re voting the applicant as. If you feel that a few characters should be added to the list, just let me know and I’ll think about it.
2. Give the applicant an explanation if you can. It’s a lto better to read who you’re like and why instead of simply who you’re like.
3. Show all applicants respect. Don’t flame. Don’t be nasty. It’s just common courtesy. I will ban, but I really don’t want to.
4. Now, I know every stamping community says this, but it’s barely ever done. Don’t just use this community for stamping. Post icons, banners, news, whatever you want – just make it Pirates related. Seriously, just have fun.
5. Promotions. You can promote other communities if you want. Try to keep them related to the topic at hand, though, namely Pirates or other rating communities. Also, promote this community like crazy. Wed don’t have that many members, but I’m sure that can be easily remedied. You guys are smart, you know how ;-) H
6. If you're unhappy with your result, you're allowed to reapply two weeks after you have been stamped.